All Categories:

Want Your Song On Naijatabs? Contact us At
Contact Us Here

« | »

JAMB Change of Course/Institution for 2017/2018 [Data Correction]

Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB change of course and institution for 2017/2018 admission has started. You can now apply for the change online. This guide will show you how to do it.

Latest News on Change of Institution and Post-UTME Screening:

JAMB: Candidates are advised not to apply for change of institution and change of course to institutions that have already done their Post UTME.

All candidates who took part in the 2017 UTME and have one or more reasons to change are hereby notified. Below are the details to use in order to apply for the 2017 JAMB Change of Course and/or Institution.

JAMB Change of Course/Institution

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) this week has opened the portal for 2017 change of course or institution. The information was made known on their official website. The aim is to afford candidates the opportunity to effectively make changes to the earlier selected course or institution.

Please note that JAMB change of course and institution can only be done once and candidates can only change to a course relative to their selected UTME Subject combination. To know if the course you want to change to is in line with your UTME subject combination, candidates can check 2017 online JAMB brochure.

UPDATE: We have been informed by some candidates that Change of Course/Institution can only be done at the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) offices. If you want to effect any change, you should go to the nearest JAMB Office for this correction.

Why JAMB Candidates May Want To Change Course, and/or Institutions

Every year, candidates apply for JAMB change of course/institutions for a number of reasons. Top on the list is low UTME score – which may not be up to the school’s cut-off marks.

Other reasons candidates change their courses and institutions is incomplete O’ level results, mistakes during registration or even change of mind about the institution or courses previously chosen.

To go to JAMB online page to change your Course and/or institution, follow the steps below.

NB: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin are N2,500 (two thousand five hundred Naira only).
JAMB Change of Course/Institution Procedure 2017

First of all, you need to go to any commercial bank or JAMB Offices to purchase the change of course/institution scratch card. The scratch card is being sold for N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).

Also note that you can do the change of course/institution at home on your phone or at accredited JAMB registration centers. You cannot use any cyber cafe or just any computer center.


NOTE: Candidates trying to change their course and/or institution on JAMB website should do so accurately and decisively as this process is sensitive and CAN ONLY BE DONE ONCE. Candidates are also advised to change their courses or institutions at registered JAMB registration centres. Doing so at random centres is at the candidates risk.

Closing Date For The Change?

The closing date for the chance of course/institution has not been announced by JAMB. We shall let you know when this happened. Click here to stay updated.

What Is Wrong with the JAMB Change of Course/Institution Process?

Every year, we keep saying this. JAMB, NUC and the Ministry of Education should try to release the cut-off marks for the year before accepting applications for change of courses and change of institutions. This way, candidates would know the scores required by schools before choosing another institution during application.

Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges and other institutions should also endeavour to release their cut-off marks on time. They should released the marks before JAMB change of course/institution form comes out. This will help candidates choose school that can accept their JAMB scores.
What Can You Do?

You can still make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the right institution. If you intend to change your course or institution, you can use the cut-off marks used by institutions for last admission as a guide. This way, you are still making informed decisions.

Note that institutions can decide to change their cut-off marks for the next admission.

Every year, after change of courses and application application close and Post-UTME screening starts, there are schools that provide some opportunities. These institutions allow candidates who did not choose them during JAMB registration to come for their screening. Here are some of the schools that have done this in the past.

Posted by on September 22, 2017.

Tags: ,

Categories: education

No Responses Yet

Leave a Reply

« | »

Recent Posts